Had only 100,000 miles on my 2006 Lexus GX.Garaged the car when I went on a nine-month vacation and upon return, the steering wheel was hard to use.

So I got a flat bed to take it into my Lexus service and they told me that the car was "totaled". In shock, I asked why? They said that the entire frame had rusted out and it would be too expensive to replace. The body of the car had no rust.

I was totally suspicious when a friend said that Toyota had a recall due to rusted frames for many of its vehicles. I called the National Lexus customer support number to look into this and they said they couldn't do anything.

Don't think I'll be dealing with Lexus in the future.Very disappointing.

Review about: Lexus Car.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Lexus?

Comments

Did you garage it in a place with a cement floor ?How about during the rest of its life ?About the recall : "they said they couldn't do anything" .

Who is this "they" ?Have you researched this situation further and independently of the company ?Their business is to sell new cars, not worry about something over a decade old and with 100,000 miles showing.It wasn't that long ago that 11 years and/or 100,000 miles was tremendous performance for an automobile of any sort. They usually started down the slippery slope at about 50,000 mechanically as the bodies disintegrated.I'm sorry you're having trouble - that is a serious drag.

I know ...You may want to part it out if it's really as bad as that underneath.I needed some parts for my 2010 Lexus and paid a pretty decent price for what I needed.