3.5
Interest Rate

I have a 2017 Lexus ES 350 4-Door Sedan with 18,000 miles. Brake actuators failed, Lane departure warning system failed, ABS failed.

It is covered under warranty, but what do I do after 30,000 mile warranty expires.? These are not cheap fixes. it will cost few thousand dollars to replace. when I pay tens of thousands of dollars for a car that is sold as luxury.

I expect a reliability level, better than a regular car. I had a 2003 Toyota Camry, run 288,000miles no problems, I had 2006 Toyota Highlander run 217,000 miles no problems. I don't know if these are common problems in new Lexus cars. Or is the new design just BAD.

Being an engineering professor, I understand that there can be a few lemon products or the design change is so drastic that they are testing the product on the market.

If that is the case it is a good idea to stay away from Lexus for a while at least. Once my car is fixed I am considering trading it in for BMW 500 series, that's Is what I had before.

Never had any problems with BMW 530i.

Lexus you really disappointed me. Stay away from Lexus.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Relaibility of lexus 350es at 18000 miles.

Comments

You really should have considered that BEFORE obtaining a Lexus. They are decent cars but horrendously expensive to fix even the most minor malfunction.

Our 80,000 mile 2010 Lexus 460 needed brakes ; OK, reasonable, but they wanted more than the cost of replacing all of the actual brake system just for the sensors that light on the dash when your brake pads begin to wear.

Useless, I've been driving for almost 50 years and I can tell when the brakes need service - I don't need $1,000 worth of cheesy little sensors for that.So my son-in-law (professional mechanic) replaced the entire brake system perfectly and we stuck a piece of black tape on the dash to hide the sensor light. Nice $75,000 car.