DO NOT EVER PURCHASE A "LEXUS" OR "TOYOTA" VEHICLE
Upon my retirement I Bought a 2006 Lexus GX 470 loaded New, thinking that such a so called Luxury Vehicle would last my wife after my demise, I did this to keep her from having to deal with car issues, well, this turned out to be the worse purchase I had ever made in the many years of buying cars, there certainly is no Luxury to this purchase whatsoever. For seven years I took the vehicle in to Toyota for all of its servicing oil changes and the like, during that time the aluminum wheels corroded to the point of almost dust,you can imagine what that looked like, after a long contracted fight I finally got them to replace them ( with old refinished wheels) with what they finally admitted were inferior and defective from the start.
As I continued with my every 3000 mile oil changes I again took it in to a dealer for another oil change voting 30.00 and came out with a bill recommending over 3, 500.00 worth of things, the most important being that of the undercarriage being excessively and rapidly rusting away the rear end differential and the entire underbody rusting away at a rate unknown to the industry. The rear differential the dealer told me would cost about 5,000.00 and will soon need replacing, as they did a hammer test on it, and that showed a replacement soon. Now bear in mind this car lives in the garage, it only has 39,000 original miles on it, so it is clear that the material used in this casting from Lexus is and was defective from the start.
I took it to a Lexus Dealer in Ann Arbor Michigan, talked to svc manager, he looked at it and verified that it should be replaced and is not normal, he compared my car to a 2003 same model GX 470 with 267000 miles and there is no comparison, the 2003 has the original black paint still on the differential where mines is completely and fully rusted to point of flaking and falling off thereby depleting the metal casting rapidly. After getting pictures of the comparisons and the report from the Service Mgr, Lexus denied any responsibility to repair it it or replace it citing the warranty, as if I would know this is going on, since we drive sitting on top and inside the underbody, not hanging from it underneath. It clearly is Lexus's responsibility to back their product if defective, and this one clearly is as my pictures prove beyond any doubts. They scrambled to find excuses against their repairing it, such as gaps in the service, of which there was none, poor record keeping on toyota's part and Lexus's part as well. They do not stand behind their products and I would warn anyone looking for a so-called luxury car, it definitely is NOT LEXUS.
You will note in the pictures submitted the differences in the underbodies, the excessively rusted one is the 2006 with 39000 miles, the clean one is a 2003 with 267000 miles judge for yourselves!
Toyota hand Lexus un be known to me at the time has had a rust problem on many of their vehicles since 2003, they refuse to recall and prefer to keep it hushed up, a culture of secrecy. Check the pictures
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lack Of Product Support
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On 10-31-13 my 22 year old son was involved in a serious high speed read end accident. He was sitting at a red light when hit by a Toyota SUV..."
- "New Brunswick- East Brunswick Aamco: Peter Fiorentino doubled the price quoted. The $129.00 unwritten diagnosis changed apropos of nothing as Peter used the Aamco script (google it) to express gloom..."
- "I have a 2009 Hyundai Sonata with a factory paint job that is defective primarily the hood. The prep to make the paint stick to the hood was not properly..."
- "Store 6091 East 72nd Avenue, Commerce City, CO 80022 One of the wors places to by parts .stars all *** up day in 12/3/ 16 The kids the work there..."
- "Stc 20 real voucher number damage ..."
- "Disappointing service by Dynamite CLothing I placed an online order for 2 dresses on Nov 28,2016 and selected "2 day delivery" by paying $20 extra. Items were shipped on Nov..."